We went to a wedding recently that gave out little bottles of Grand Marnier. I think there’s a technical term for little bottles, but I don’t know it. So little bottles it is. Grand Marnier and all of its orangey goodness makes the perfect addition to hot chocolate. My husband made these babies the other night and they are too delicious not to share, so here we are. This is a high class recipe friends, so take careful notes.
Grand Marnier Orange Flavored Hot Chocolate
Cinnamon Sticks (if you are feeling fancy)
Recipe Yield: Hopefully many – because these babies are delicious
1. Make Hot Chocolate. I tend to go with Swiss Miss. It’s my tried and true. And by “tried and true” I mean that I probably bought it on sale. If you’re feeling like going all out you can try one of my girl Meaghan’s ho-cho recipes. It doesn’t really matter if you make it from scratch or from a box, just get as many cups of hot chocolate as needed ready.
2. Drop that cinnamon stick in like it’s hot. Because it is hot. It’s hot chocolate.
3. Pour in copious amounts of alcohol. Or less if you anticipate a 6AM wakeup call from one of your children the next morning.
4. Stir! You should never forget to stir.
5. Enjoy by the hearth! And if you don’t have a hearth, the couch works pretty well too.
Looking for some more holiday beverages? Check out a few of my friend’s fabulous ideas.
Grand Mariner Orange Flavored Hot Chocolate, No Bohns About It
Pear Vodka Cocktails, Little Blog On The Homestead
Pomegranate Champagne Spritzer, Cook.Craft.Love
Rosemary 75 Champagne Cocktail, Goodie Godmother
The Paco, An Aiming High Wife